NEW TO PORT MORESBY?
Port Moresby is the primary gateway between the world and the broader regions of Papua New Guinea. In 2018, Port Moresby successfully hosted global leaders in over 200 formal meetings driving international policy frameworks for the Asia Pacific Economic Co-operation (APEC 2018). It has also played host to the 2017 Rugby League World Cup, the FIFA Womens' World Cup U20 in 2016 and the South Pacific Games in 2015. With its world class conference facilities and sporting venues, Port Moresby has, in recent years continued aspiring and working to emerge as a young and highly ambitious destination that has successfully attracted international audiences and investors to its shores.
Thus, if you're new to this truly unique part of the world and have a bit of extra time between your business engagements, below is a shortlist of experiences you may wish to explore:
- Visit unique modern buildings inspired by Papua New Guinea's rich cultural heritage
- Capture photos with the famous bird of paradise at Varirata National Park
- See tree kangaroos at Port Moresby's very own Nature Park
- Explore the timeless collections of the National Museum
- Shrill during the crocodile feeding at the Adventure Park
- Pay respect to WWII soldiers at the Bomana War Cemetery
- Stroll through the colourful craft markets of traditional and contemporary art
- Marvel at the monumental National Parliament
- Experience top festivals and events around the city
- Need more info? Click the orange tab on the right to access useful external links.
Beyond the memorable experiences and the friendly people you'll surely meet in Port Moresby, do feel free to reach out to our secretariat team at the Port Moresby Chamber of Commerce & Industry so we can help to broaden your professional network locally or provide market access information for your project. We look forward to hearing from you!